Thursday, August 17, 2006

Windows/Mac/Linux

I'll mention now that i am a windows user. That might turn away about half of you. I like macs, but i just dont feel like changing operating systems (the money is also an issue). Right now I am trying Ubuntu on vmware.. because its easier and safer than dual booting it. I like it, but i can't see me using it more than windows xp anytime soon. Installing something for the operating system is just darn confusing sometimes, and that annoys me. Having to spend a long time searching google and finding answers to something that is easy to do on windows, is very frustrating. I find Ubuntu to be great in a lot of ways, and i'll post updates to how good/bad it is going in the future. This is only my opinion, and trust me, Linux is much easier to use then it used to be. If your looking for a new OS, i recommend Ubuntu (its simple enough for windows users). I haven't used it enough to be an expert, but there are many sites and forums for great help with linux.

There is great debate on which OS is the best and bla bla bla. Fanboys for operating systems are about the stupidest thing ever. Fanboys for any product is stupid. I like products like Firefox and utorrent (bitorrent application, i'll talk about bittorrent in a future post), but if a better product appears and it is innovate enough, i will use that. Just like Digg and Slashdot, if a better website comes along and is better, i'll go there. Netscape is not the answer at all. All the "new" netscape does is copy right from digg, with less vision and coolness. I'll write an article about this at a later time though, as its off-topic here.

No comments: